PROJECT 1 (GAME ART)

Week 
See Zi Yi (0340094)
Game Art
Project 1

INSTRUCTIONS


To begin with, I started to create thumbnail sketches of my first character, Xyla.

Initial Thumbnail Sketch

Initial Thumbnail Sketch

I was advised to continue developing it based on the reference below.

Reference

I started with the female character, who is Xyla.

Thumbnail Sketches of Xyla

Thumbnail Sketches of Xyla

I made some refinements after receiving feedback from Mr Kannan as seen below. However, the refined version looks too typical. Hence, he advised me to revert back to no 4.

Refined Thumbnail Sketches of Xyla

Below is my final render of Xyla.

Final Render of Xyla

I proceed with my second character, Xiao. Below is his base color.

Base Color of Xiao

Then, I added more highlights and shading.

Final Render of Xiao

Lastly, it was a creature, named Xena, Xyla's pet snake. I was unsure of how to sketch a snake so my first attempt was very poorly executed as seen below.

Initial Sketch of Snake

I was advised to go back to the basics and study its anatomy correctly. I started off with its head. I decided to go with the last one as it has more feminine characteristics.
Head Sketches

Below is my base color for Xena.

Base color of Xena

Mr Kannan pointed out that it's still lacking feminine characteristics, hence I refined it again. Below is her final render.

Final Render of Xena

Final Submission for Game Art Project 1

Below is my final submission for Game Art Project 1 which comprises all the final outcomes in a PDF format.

Comments

Popular Posts