FINAL PROJECT (DIGITAL MATTE PAINTING)

Week 14-15
See Zi Yi (0340094)
Digital Matte Painting
Final Project

INSTRUCTIONS


Week 14

Upon completion of Project 2, we were tasked to demonstrate the technical capability to analyze, composite, and communicate set uniqueness by blending 3D geometry and 2D painting to raw video footage together with special effects. After Effects was used.

Below is the progression.

I first import the matte painting without the laser light and man.


I found free plugin online for laser light and downloaded them. Below is its tutorial on how to use it.


I followed the tutorial above and tried one on my own, below is the static work. 


Below is the animated version on Youtube.



Reflection:
Out of 3 of Mr Kanan's modules this semester, this is my favourite one. I find that I really like painting landscapes and environments. The process has been challenging yet interesting. In this module's exercise, I learnt about perspectives, compositions, sky studies and more. The exercises have definitely strengthened my foundation in landscape studies. The first exercise was virtual plein air, where I enhanced my colour picking skills. It was challenging and time-consuming to achieve a certain level of similarity. Nevertheless, I think I still managed to complete them decently after a few rounds of revisions. Project 2 was the most challenging one out of all tasks. I spent most of my time working and refining it. The outcome could definitely be improved, but I knew I have done my best within the time given. I managed to complete the final project with the help of online tutorials and free plug-ins. Digital Matte Painting really made me think out of the box and is by far one of the most interesting modules. I enjoyed it very much and wish to polish my skillset in this particular area in the future! Also, I definitely need to spend more time watching and observing movies. 

Comments

Popular Posts