FINAL PROJECT (ENVIRONMENT DESIGN)

Week 14
See Zi Yi (0340094)
Environment Design
Final Project

INSTRUCTIONS


Final Submission for Environment Design (Art Bible)

Below is my Art Bible for both Game Art and Environment Design. Enjoy!


Reflection

Environment Design has been a challenging yet interesting module this semester. The first few weeks were tough, as I was still very new to this module and had no idea where to begin with. Nevertheless, thanks to Mr Kannan's guidance and patience, I started to enjoy this module and coming up with thumbnail sketches. Looking back at my work in Week 1, I realized that I have made quite a lot of progression. Especially the application of depth and storytelling in environment design. One of the biggest takeaway from this module is that nothing should be perfect. Folds, creases, cracks, dust - all of these can create better storytelling in environment designs. I was once very obsessed and overwhelmed with the idea of reaching perfection in art and design. But this module made me realize imperfection is what truly makes a design shine. This reminded me of Kintsugi. Kintsugi is the Japanese art of putting broken pottery pieces back together with gold — built on the idea that in embracing flaws and imperfections, you can create an even stronger, more beautiful piece of art. Kintsugi reveals how to heal and shows you that you are better with your golden cracks. There is definitely a lot more space for improvement in my skills for environment design, and I would strive to do better in the future. Thank you Mr Kannan for teaching us that we all need some imperfection to make life more interesting.




Comments

Popular Posts